During the post-doctoral research stay (“Erasmus Mundus” project “Eureka SD“) of the project manager of Smart City Jaén, Dr. Herrador also responsible for the Smart City project Mar del Plata (Argentina), it was reached a collaboration agreement between the two Smart Cities to achieve the following objectives, as “sister” cities:
- Collaboration of the University of Jaén with the National University of Mar del Plata (Faculty of Engineering), to share information in a more agile way.
- Possible exchange of researchers for collaboration on projects or publication of scientific articles in impact journals with JCR ranking.
- Implement the same innovative life cycle proposed there, to be developed in the UJA, such that:
- The Professors responsible for each line of research propose projects to the students in the form of practices of each university subject, end-of-degree work or even doctoral theses, always within a Smart City theme.
- The students carry out the initiatives in the form of technological developments (mainly).
- Professors integrate them into the platform. In addition, there is a sub-platform in which the Citizens or Students can propose to the Professors new ideas to develop.
It is expected to boost the technological developments of both cities to improve the quality of life of its citizens.
The postdoctoral project “Eureka SD” was made possible by the funding of the European “Erasmus Mundus” programme.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish